Embedding a PNG into an email (Outlook)
Rachel Leite • •
Want to send email communications with an image embedded into the email, instead of showing up as an attachment? You’re in luck! We’ll show you how to do it in Outlook.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Content for your email (if there will be any text accompanying the image)
- The PNG to embed in the email
- New email draft in Outlook (leave blank for now)
- Microsoft word
Here's what to do:
- Create a new document in Microsoft Word.
- Paste in the content for your email.
- Drag the PNG into the Word Document.
- Arrange and place the PNG where it will appear in the email.
- Hit Ctrl+A (Windows) or Cmd+A (Mac) to select everything in the Word Document (including the PNG).
- Hit Ctrl+C (Windows) or Cmd+C (Mac) to copy your selection.
- Your copy is selected! Now, create a new email draft in Outlook.
- Hit Ctrl+V to paste what you copied from the Word Document into the email.
- That’s it! Now that you’ve pasted everything into the email draft, continue adjusting the copy and image in the email draft as needed.